Friday, July 07, 2006

ALFA Bathroom Song of the Day

Ok...so I started this whole blogging thing with a little bathroom humor...namely my concerns with the musak level in the bathroom at work. One, it was never loud enough (lots of sounds need to be drowned out in there) and B, there's only so many times you can handle the musak version of ABBA's hit, "Dancing Queen".

Being the grown-up that I am (no laughter please) I had let that rant go and succumb to the fact that there was nothing that could be or would be done...

Fast forward to present day...I am proud to say that in a world where most people listen to their own life soundtrack via their cell phone or the 3 iPods they own, something has happened to the musak system! No longer are we exposed to elevator versions of hit songs from the past. We now have actual songs playing over the speakers...with words...AND songs everyone knows! It's hard to express the joy that came over me as I was delivering a cancellation request to another department when I heard Prince's "Little Red Corvette".

So now, the bathroom trips are complete with actual hit songs that, if brave enough, can be sung along with whilst "taking care of business".

In honor of this momentous event, I submit for your approval...The ALFA Bathroom Song of the Day...

I was torn about deciding our first winner. There were two stand out performances on Friday, July 7, but since there can only be one winner I present to you...(drum roll please)...

"Faithfully" by Journey!!

"Highway run...Into the midnight sun...Wheels go round and round...You're on my mind..."

10 comments:

Lerra said...

I am jealous that you get to listen to musak at work instead of your blasted co-workers complaining all the time.

John Owens said...

Congrats.

First of all, why would anyone have 3 iPods. That's crazy. And when you have things like the ONE Campaign to share with, no one should spend that much on an iPod. One per household should be the limit. :)

Next, about Faithfully. "You're on my mind?" In the bathroom? Not only speaking to you, but anyone bathroom visitor/goer...is the issue on the mind about a lover somewhere, or about the impending bowel movement? I wonder what message ALFA is trying to send?

Lauren said...

well, i'm glad you don't have to listen to musak's "dancing queen" anymore. i can't even deal with it, and i almost never hear musak except in random elevators and department stores. congrats!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

JON-I JUST LAUGHED SOOOO HARD. OH MY GOODNESS!!! You should come back to town soon so we can all do dinner again and I can drop your name to peeps. Barster-taking care of business is my personal favorite,...makes me wanna hook up my cd player by my toilet? PS do you know someone who owns 3 ipods?? ocd much??

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ps i like dancing queen. its on my cleaning mix. yes. I have a cleaning mix. I rev it up and dance like im on stage at broadway. (you can just call me monica) OOOOHHHHH see that GIRL watch that scene she is the dancing queen....oooooooooooo oooooooooooo ooooo yeah....

Jamin said...

I'm with Jon 3 Ipods???? That's crazy talk.

I also want the world to know I love Bono and the one campgain you can read my blog about it in my March archives. He is my hero! He is a modern day prophet!!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

TOOOOO FAR> TOOOO FAR.

Lerra said...

Some people have no tact.

Lauren said...

your next post should be about sharks

Roxy Wishum said...

Baron, I found the perfect T-shirt to go with this post. Go to www.http://shop.gawker.com and view the "Bathroom Stall VIP member since 2003" shirt.