Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I AM still alive.

It is now time that I, Laura, hack into my dear husband's blog {Jamey style} and update any readers that are still checking {insert "all two of you" joke here}.

Besides the fact that school has started back and Baron has been busy preparing for classes, organizing chapel, and planning for the new "assembly periods" at Prattville Christian Academy, he now has a new job responsibility that demands a LOT of his time. This school year, he started his first part-time football coaching position! He is working with the receivers & defensive backs for the varsity football team at PCA. {Go Panthers!} As much time as this new job takes, Baron is enjoying himself so much, and I know he is doing a great job with the team. Coaching football is something he has wanted to do for a long time, and I am so glad he's finally gotten the opportunity!
This season is a tough one for PCA. This is only their 3rd year in the football program, and to top that off, they were bumped from 1A to 3A, and several of their players have been hurt. They haven't won a game yet, but the guys did play their best game ever this past Friday night against Bessemer. It was a huge deal for the Panthers to score first and hold the lead...at least for a little while. :-)

So, since Baron hasn't posted in forever, I will share a few pics to keep this post interesting. Keep coming back!


{Panama City, August 2008}

{ground breaking for PCA's new gym/cafeteria/classroom building}


{Baron's t-shirt design for the theme for the 2008 school year - sorry the 00's are cut off at the top}
{at the beach in June}


{North Georgia Mountains with the Wishum clan this summer}

{first Panthers game of the 2008 season...on our brand new very own football field!! very exciting!}

5 comments:

Jamey said...

Yeah!!!! If you (Laura) ever gets tired of being by yourself during football season, you can call me up and we can hang out. I'm pretty sure coaches wives are single during the Fall.

Glad things are going well for Baron. It makes a world of difference when you enjoy what you do each day at work.

Lerra said...

Jamey, I may have to take you up on that! I am alone most evenings until 6:30-ish. I am trying to convince myself to join the gym & work out during that alone time...we'll see how that goes... :-)

BabyJ20 said...

I'm glad Baron enjoys what he does... because that's a lot of stuff to have on your plate if you don't! And one of these days I'll make it to see the Panthers play...

Anonymous said...

Hey, whoever you are!!! Enjoyed the post and pics!!! Thanx so much for sharing!!!

Roxy Wishum said...

Thanks for the pictures--they are great--well, maybe not the squinting beach picture--but most are great. I am sure Baron is a great influence on the boys beyond their ability to catch a football. Who is the kicking coach?