Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Water World

Ok...what's the deal with ordering water at some fast food restaurants? We live in a world nowadays where it's Atkins this and South Beach that. Even McDonalds and Burger King have "carb friendly" meals on their menu, but if you want water with that...now there's a problem.

Oh sure! You can have their overpriced bottled water. That's what comes with the "I'm eating at a fast food joint, but would still like to watch my figure" meals. THEY even come with a "carb friendly" counter to count the steps you take from the car to the table and back again! But if I want just regular, good old American tap water, I have to drink it out of a shot glass!! Come on people...does it really cost that much more for me to have a medium sized cup? After all, I'm just trying to be healthy.

Someone please explain this logic to me...and while I'm on the subject. Why does it cost so much more to eat healthy? I don't know about you, but I've never seen a "carb friendly" nothing on the 99 cent "value" menu.

"Deep inhale"......"now relax".....I feel much better now. Good to get these important life observations off my chest. I can go back to work now. Anybody seen my water?

No comments: