Friday, April 21, 2006

Back from the dead. I'm the sleeper done slumberin'...

Believe it or not, I am posting again. I know what some of you are thinking, "Sure, he's teased us like this before...pretending to be back and then it's 3 years later and nothing." But I actually have more than one thought in my head, so I have at least 3 posts coming (if I can make the time to do them)

So, to catch everyone up on my life from my last real post(i.e. not pimping someone else's blog) to today...here we go!

My Life in a Flash by Baron Goins

Mom gets married to Spiro...congrats guys!...Halloween as Princess Buttercup and the Dread Pirate Roberts; they never looked so good...Thanksgiving in Albany, GA...food, football, and go-carts...tacky Christmas house...Christmas...436 people crammed into the living room to watch the 397 kids shred the paper to discover the gifts...we had a blast!...Last Hour: amazing experience...New Years resolutions...sigh...January marks the beginning of the waste land that is no work holidays until Labor Day...sigh again...Seahawks robbed of a Super Bowl title...why can't Jeremy Stevens catch the ball!?!...house hunting begins with tons of excitement...weekend before Valentine's Day at the Wynfrey...Shula's Steakhouse...Upwards Basketball: Hearn, Skylar, Jordan, Tomias, Drew, Juwan, Richard, Thomas, and Mason...go Eagles!...10.5 hour trip to Ohio for Dad's retirement...Pro Football Hall of Fame (it was awesome!)...10.5 hours back to Montgomery and I didn't fall asleep once...house hunting continues...found the perfect house...made a bid...house hunting continues...sigh for the third time...discovered myspace (be sure to check out the figures)...Aiden's ok!...Zoo Weekend, who knew chimps like to pick there?...house hunting becoming discouraging...Ringling Brothers/Barnum & Bailey's one ring circus...get to hear Hall of Famer, Bart Starr speak AND get autographed football! (I'll be posting about this a little later)...more house hunting...Man of La Mancha at Shakespeare...Easter at "the Spiros", Greek Easter food...yummy...the praying mantis incident...house hunting some more...softball season begins...4 games a week, yeah baby...saved wife from giant roach in the shower...coming to the end of this post...getting hungry and have to go pick up the pizza we ordered 20 minutes ago...

Well, there ya go. My life over the past 6 months. Sorry you didn't get to experience it with me, vicariously thru this blog, but I'll try to do better for the remainder of the year. Please be praying that our house hunting venture comes to a swift and exciting end, and that God continues to bless our family even more greatly than He already has...

Peace! I'm out...but not permanently...I'll be back...no, seriously...Matt, don't be saying stuff like that...

7 comments:

Lerra said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Thanks for the update, honey. I've never read about 6 months of my life in just one paragraph.

Ryan Adair said...

You want a comment? Okay...here it is.

Seahawks robbed of Super Bowl title?! Come on! Give my Steelers some credit.

And there you have it.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

wow. just laughed real hard at that whole light-speed version of the Goins' life. esp the yeah baby part. niiiice.

Anonymous said...

Nice life.

Matt Elliott said...

I'm not getting excited until I see a SECOND post in a short period of time. Only then will I believe that you are back.

BabyJ20 said...

Dude... I'd forgotten that I hadn't checked out your lastest blog post...

Kudos on the light-speed life synopsis?!!! Wow...

John Owens said...

Ok, time to update.