Tuesday, April 27, 2004

The Journey Continues...

First off...let me say I am deeply moved by the outpouring of sentiment and concern. I am happy to report that I am ok...still have all my teeth...and haven't changed my name to include Ray, Billy, Bob, or Bubba. With that said, I continue....

Cars, trucks, vans, school buses, the Intimidator Dale Earnhardt limited edition Monte Carlo, Texas Bikini Team, camping out of the back of a U-Haul truck, a blow-up doll hanging from a telephone pole, lots of beads, and mullets gallore! This and many other precious memories are what I have from the trek to the track.

When we finally arrived, we could see the "complex" from where we parked. Earlier I had asked Justin to describe what I was about to see, and he simply said, "It's alot like The Fair". Truer words have never been said....we rounded the corner into the land of NASCAR trailers. Everything you could ever want with your favorite driver plastered all over it. T-shirts, hats, huggers, stickers, key chains, model cars, actual racing jakets, carburators, spark plugs, tires and more....

The greatest pleasure was drawn from the people walking around. Ever wonder where "carnies" vacation? I KNOW!! Wow! Mullets, tank tops, Billy Bob teeth (only these were REAL)...and those were the women!!! Very interesting mix of genetic defects :)

Ah, the memories....beer flowing like rivers....the urinal trough....and lets not forget the woman who thought her bra would make a good top!

Tomorrow, the conclusion......ode to Drunk NASCAR Fan....

No comments: