Friday, April 23, 2004

NASCAR 101

To tell you the truth...I never saw it coming. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think a day like tomorrow would come, but it has......I'm going to my first NASCAR race......

Thanks to the kind generosity of our good friends Justin and Jennifer Copeland, Laura and I are headed to Talladega tomorrow for what should be an eye opening experience into the world of NASCAR and its fans. Since this is our first time, if anyone reading this has any suggestions about what we should take (pounds of fatback? moonshine? pickled pigs' feet?), what we should wear (wife beater T-shirt? cut-off jeans? John Deer mesh cap?), or any other area I may have overlooked, we'd appreciate the knowledge.

Be sure to check back later as I will be giving a full report. Wow, Baron and Laura at Talladega....Let the memories begin....

BTW, I've already looked. Not enough hair on my back to shave a big "3".....oh well, maybe they won't notice. ;-)

No comments: